Friday, March 30, 2012

Rainy Days

Recently, my daughter and I were on spring break at the same time. If any of you were in the Topeka area for this recess, you know that it rained for a better part of the week. My challenge for that week was to keep my children entertained in the house for four days of rain, and somehow keeping my sanity. This is usually done with arts and crafts, or some kind of games. But, when you have that many days in a row, you have to get creative beyond the crafts. So, during this rainy spring break we went beyond and decided to take advantage of the weather instead of shunning it. Since we both like scary movies, we watched them with the lighting and rain coming down. Our front porch became a great viewing spot to watch the birds get worms, and how other creatures react to the rain. We also told fictional stories to each other at bedtime, rather then reading a book. We turned on one of the music channels on T.V for a day and danced around the living room. Although, I think the best part for my daughter was just taking a break from school work, and getting to spend time with her mommy. That was my favorite part too.

2 comments:

  1. It's always the little things that make life great :) What great memories these will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun. Creativity is a fun thing to mess with. Next time is thunders and lighting occurs listen to the song "Like Up the Sky" by The Afters. It has a awsome effect.

    ReplyDelete