Sunday, April 29, 2012

Batteries NOT included

  When I was younger, toys didn't require as many batteries. Now, you not only have to buy the toy, but the power to make it do those cool things that it does on TV. What happened to being content with a bucket of Legos, Lincoln Logs, or playing a game of Mouse Trap? I can remember quite clearly NOT needing to install batteries to have the toy work.
   Some of my favorite toys when I was a child never needed batteries. I can't remember a classic game of Monopoly, Mouse Trap, or Uno needing to have some type of alkaline power to function. A jump rope, books, cards and other forms of entertainment were enough to satisfy my attention span for hours with my siblings.
   I feel very lucky to have grown up in a generation that didn't require the use of batteries for the simplest of toys. The outside world, some sidewalk chalk, and an imagination was enough to keep us out of the parents way for ample time.

No comments:

Post a Comment