Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Mommy

  I recently visited a good friend of mine who just had a baby girl. I have known this friend since before we were in school. When I had my daughter, she was there to visit me in the hospital and see me through the rough time I had coping with motherhood at a young age.
    I now understand how she felt roughly 9 years ago. The roles have now changed and seeing her with her new baby puts a whole new spin on life for her. She was always the friend that said she wasn't going to have children, wanted to be an aunt, but not ready to be a mom. So, you can imagine the shock I experienced when I was one of the first people to know that she was with child.
   She is so in love with her baby, as any new mom would be. I can now for the first time be the one giving advice to her instead of the other way around. In a way, my daughter was the "guinea pig" kid for all my friends who are now thinking of having or have had kids. I got to see my friend become a mom right before my eyes. She changed in a way that cannot be described unless you have seen it or gone through it yourself. Being an aunt is going to be fun. Why? Because 9 years worth of noisy payback toys and sugar is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment