Saturday, April 28, 2012

History behind my daughter

It seems like it's been forever since I've had my daughter. She is 9 years old and one of the greatest kids ever. I'm bias of course. I can't imagine leaving her side in a time of need. That's what someone else did to her though. Someone who is supposed to be very close to her.
   I may not have mentioned him before but my daughters biological dads name is Steve. Just as quickly as he came into my life, he was gone. Leaving me with an infant when I was 20 years old. I had no clue what to do, no job at the time, and if it wasn't for the guidance and support of my close friends and family, I would have been in a bad place.
   I won't go into details, but Steve left very abruptly and is no longer a part of her life. My daughter could not pick him out of a police line-up if she had to. He is a stranger to her and doesn't send so much as a birthday card. It's like she doesn't exsist. It's upsetting to me as a parent that he could even brush off his own kin like he does. Did I mention he has a son who he takes full responsibility for? Yep. He will do anything for  his son. He loves and adores him, clothes him, takes him places, does all the normal parenting with his son. He has not done a thing for his daughter though.
    That's okay though. I have grown over the years to find that one of the best things he could have done was leave. If he isn't going to be an active parent, then don't come to me when she wants the 18 years of back child support that she's owed. When she gets married, he won't be walking her down the aisle. When she decides to make a life changing decision, he won't be there. I'm just fine with it too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment